New Multi-storey Car Park Opens at Queen Alexandra Hospitalcreative55
noviniti is delighted to announce the opening and handover of the new 541-space car park at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
The multi-storey structure, which has been fully funded and developed by noviniti, is built on the northern side of the hospital site in Cosham and will provide enhanced facilities for patients, their families and staff working at Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust.
The new car park features:
- 541 parking spaces, including 31 disabled bays.
- Eight fast electric vehicle chargers and a further 30 spaces future-proofed for EV installation as demand grows.
- Cladding panels on the façade used to match the design of the existing hospital buildings, whilst ensuring the highest fire performance standards are maintained.
- A link bridge to the new ward block which provides an emergency escape route from the upper-level ward.
- One-way vehicle routes and automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) ticketing to improve traffic flow.
Mark Orchard, Chief Financial Officer at Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust, said: “This is a fantastic new development which will help improve the experience of those visiting our hospital site.”
“Over the next few years, we are planning a number of significant improvements to the QA site to ensure we can continue to deliver high-quality services in efficient, well-maintained and well-designed buildings.
“We have extensive plans to improve the ‘biodiversity’ on site: creating green spaces, planting trees, shrubs, and other plants to improve the environment for our patients, local community and colleagues.”
Jonathan Houlston COO of noviniti added “we are delighted to have reached practical completion of the multi-storey car park which will help ease the traffic congestion around the hospital site. This has been a complex project delivered in collaboration with noviniti, the NHS Trust and its PFI partners, which demonstrates that public/private partnerships do work.”