Northampton General Hospital
New main entrance.
The second phase of the project was the creation of the 9400ft2 new Main Entrance which has been designed to be a focal point for the hospital. Working in partnership with the Trust and our partners, Seddon and Compass Group UK&I, the new Main Entrance realises the Trust’s vision of improving the staff, patient and visitor retail and restroom facilities delivered in a contemporary and comforting environment.
A new concourse guides people through the Main Entrance to a welcoming and dynamic reception area. The Main Entrance is furnished with recognised high street brands to cater for customers’ needs throughout the day and includes M&S Food, Costa Coffee, Subway and StockShop, all of which are ideally suited to the healthcare sector. These retail stores offer their customers more than just great food, beverages, fashion and gifts; they are a safe, welcoming and relaxing space enabling escape and refuge from the clinical environment and they help reinforce the positive perception of outstanding clinical services already provided by the Trust.
Ground Floor: 2033sqm
First Floor: 2050sqm
Third Floor: 88sqm
Road diversion inc medical gases diversion and main drainage diversion/upgrade – 6 months. New build extension including communal and retail fit-out – 5 months.
Bespoke volumetric modular construction.
Scope of Works:
- Complete Pre-Construction Period from Feasibility to Detailed Design, including Full Planning Permission
- Enabling Works for an Intensive Care Unit, including:
- Services and Infrastructure Diversions
- Diverted Road Infrastructure
- Site Creation
- Retail Main Entrance Facility with 4 Retail Units, Toilets and Reception Facilities
- Future Proofed Building for a first floor expansion.
- External Works to create a new Entrance Plaza
- Car Park Expansion