Basildon University Hospital
The new facility also offers:
- a new restaurant for staff and visitors, with a dedicated seating area
- a new bereavement and Patient Advice and Liaison Service suite
- a refurbished multi-faith room
- new Trust administration space on the first floor
- a Hub space for Mid and South Essex Hospitals Charity.
The site will also benefit from a redesigned road layout that will make it easier for vehicle traffic to get on and off site.
During the second phase of work the old tower block reception was refurbished, and a pharmacy unit built within the space. The approach to the hospital has been landscaped and this final phase of the project was completed in November 2022.